The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) is a social purpose company that combines two approaches to improve people’s lives and communities. First, we use behaviour science (behavioural economics, social psychology) to design new policy ideas with our partners. Second, we run policy experiments, often using randomised controlled trials (RCTs), to determine the effectiveness of those ideas. A collection of these projects can be found here.
Our Singapore office was launched in September 2016. BIT is a trusted advisor to government agencies in Singapore, working with 8 ministries – for example the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Home Affairs – and many more statutory authorities. Our Singapore team also works with governments in the region and, once travel is permitted, you should expect to travel as part of our international projects. BIT selects staff on the basis of fit. All our staff believe passionately in our company values: always prioritising social impact, empiricism and humility, fresh thinking and collaboration, and public service.
As our team in Singapore grows, we are now looking for an Associate Advisor to join us. We provide a supportive environment, offering flexible working arrangements and other policies to ensure the wellbeing of everyone on the team.
We’re looking for people enthusiastic about applying behavioural insights to improve the lives of citizens. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
For all applicants, understanding behavioural science and statistics is preferable. If you are passionate and knowledgeable about this field we encourage you to apply.
- Undergratuate degree in economics, psychology or other relevant discipline
- A demonstrable interest in behavioural insights
- Application is only open to Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Must be able to commence employmem by the 4th January 2021.
- Good understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis
- Experience in government, academia or consulting
- Experience using statistical software such as R or Stata
About the Role
As an Associate Advisor in our team, you will:
- Design and deliver projects across a broad range of policy areas
- Develop policy knowledge and research skills
- Prepare content for and attend client meetings
- Prepare and deliver training and presentations
- Conduct qualitative research, such as participant observation and interviews
- Prepare policy papers, trial checklists, ideas notes, and literature reviews
- Conduct analysis to evaluate the impact of our policy experiments
- Applications close at 11:50 (SGT), Monday 9th November 2020
- The application process includes an online test, an interview, and participation in an assessment centre. We expect the process to be complete by Thursday, 3rd December 2020.
- Applications can only be considered if you have the right to live and work in Singapore. We are unable to sponsor any candidates requiring a visa.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to provide feedback.
The Behavioural Insights Team is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the
grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Some of the personal data you provide to Applied when you apply for a role with The Behavioural Insights Team will be passed on to The Behavioural Insights Team for the purposes of (a) reviewing your application; (b) inviting you for interview; and/or (c) offering you a job and getting you set up as an employee/contractor. For full details on how BIT collects and uses your personal data please visit our recruitment privacy notice.
If your application is not successful, any personal data provided to us by Applied (including any personal data relating to equal opportunities monitoring as set out above) will be retained by The Behavioural Insights Team for no longer than 6 months after the application deadline has passed (other than in exceptional circumstances where we may need to retain your personal data for longer), at which point your personal data will be securely deleted. We only keep your information for that period in order to allow us to comply with relevant legal obligations.