The Behavioural Insights Team is a social purpose company whose mission is to achieve social impact by applying behavioural insights to policy and public services. We’re a world-leading consulting organisation with 8 offices across the globe, working with a range of governments, NGOs and other organisations in various countries.
In the Asia Pacific region, we have over 30 staff across 3 offices in Sydney, Wellington and Singapore. Our Managing Director is based in Sydney and oversees the work of the region.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting environment in the Sydney CBD, but have a relaxed and non-hierarchical culture. Our staff believe passionately in our company values: social impact, empiricism and humility, fresh thinking, collaboration, and public service. We offer flexible working arrangements and other benefits to support the health and wellbeing of everyone on the team.
About the role
We’re looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and dynamic Executive Assistant to the Managing Director (MD). As well as looking after the MD, you will provide some support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Sydney. As the “right hand” of the MD, you’ll play a key role in maintaining and driving our team culture through staff engagement, social activities and other events.
What will you be doing?
You’ll have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Managing inbox, calendar and priorities for the Managing Director, including scheduling meetings and preparing agendas and documents
- Coordinating travel for the MD and some members of the SMT
- Managing expenses for the MD
- Drafting internal and external communications on behalf of the MD
- Supporting weekly SMT meetings by developing/setting the agenda, taking minutes, keeping time, recording and following up action items
- Scheduling our monthly all-staff team meeting and developing the agenda
- Organising a range of events, including internal and external events, meetings and conferences, and social outings and events, in a way that supports and strengthens our culture and values
- Providing support to the Operations team as needed, including assisting the Head of Operations, Administrative Assistant or Project Manager
- Providing support to the broader consultancy team as needed
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Have high emotional intelligence and the ability to quickly build rapport across different stakeholders
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and working under pressure (i.e. have excellent time management skills)
- Have a high level of attention to detail and be super organised
- Have sound judgement and decision making skills, as well as excellent discretion
- Have a good sense of humour and be adaptable to change
- Be able to learn and comprehend new material and information quickly and efficiently
- Be flexible and collaborative in your approach to teamwork, and willing to pitch in to get things done
It would be great if you had:
- 2-4 years’ administrative experience including at executive level and working directly with a Managing Director or equivalent.
- Experience in a professional services environment
- IT proficiency, including experience using G Suite
Benefits – what’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to play a pivotal role in influencing our culture, through a close working relationship with the Managing Director and Senior Management Team
- Varied and interesting work within a team of professionals who are passionate about what they do and who they work with
- A great work culture with regular team social events and a collaborative team environment, in a central CBD location
- A competitive salary and employee benefits
The application process has 3 stages:
- An online application
- First Interview (Friday 6 March 2020)
- Second interview (Tuesday 10 or Wednesday 11 March 2020)
- Only applicants successful at each stage will progress to the next stage.
- Further information about each stage will be provided if you progress to that stage.
- We will only accept applicants who already have the right to live and work in Australia.
The Behavioural Insights Team is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.