Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a successful and rapidly growing team? Join the Behavioural Insights Team in Singapore as a Project Coordinator.
We are looking for someone who understands what we do, shares our values and is keen to learn and develop their expertise. Skills we are looking for in a candidate are:
- 2-4 years of administration and/or project coordination experience, preferably (but not necessarily) in a small business or consulting or professional services firm
- Strong IT skills, including Office Suite or G Suite, and ability to learn new systems. Experience with Vantage Point or any other project management software desirable but not necessary
- Managing and developing yourself at work. You have high self-awareness and regularly self-reflect on how you can improve. You manage your own workload and prioritise competing requests
- Experience with project invoicing and budgeting strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail – You’re organised and passionate about getting the details right
- Clear communication. You can manage an active email inbox, instant messages and a busy meeting schedule. When communicating with colleagues you are always friendly, professional, and solution-oriented
- You care about the success, development and wellbeing of your team
- Managing relationships at all levels. You can build relationships and trust with colleagues at all levels in the organisation
About the role
The successful candidate will work together with the domestic and international clusters of the Singapore team. The team also collaborates heavily with other teams at BIT.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, track and manage resource plans and budgets with project leads on a monthly basis and predict resource requirements for the team
- Track the progress of projects throughout their life cycle – putting projects into the pipeline, initiating project set up and contracting, responding to changes in staff availability or project scope, and capturing feedback & lessons learnt from projects when they finish. Ensure delivery of projects on schedule and budget
- Carrying out analysis of resourcing data and business information to create actionable information for your team’s Director and other senior members of the team
- Coordinate business development efforts to ensure a systematic and consistent process-maintain bid related resources, coordinate proposal submission process
- Provide finance coordination and administration support- prepare monthly update reports, prepare and submit invoices, prepare payment schedules and follow up on contracting documentation
Who are we and what can we offer you?
The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) is a social purpose company that combines two approaches to improve people’s lives and communities. First, we use behavioural science (behavioural economics, social psychology) to design new policy ideas with our partners. Second, we run policy experiments, often using randomised controlled trials (RCTs), to determine the effectiveness of those ideas.
BIT is a trusted advisor to government agencies in Singapore, working with several ministries and many more statutory authorities. We also have a growing portfolio of work with non-profit and private sector social impact-driven organisations.
- We encourage flexible working and have a culture which enables this; for example flexible start and finish times, hybrid working model.
- Regular team lunches.
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance.
- We strongly encourage growth and personal development, a training and development budget is allocated to each employee.
- We encourage a strong work life & mental health balance and offer medical leave, compassionate leave, study leave and 23 days of annual leave
- An Employee Assistance Program which offers you free, professional and entirely confidential counselling and wellbeing support services
How to apply
We use a great platform called Applied to reduce bias in the recruitment process. You will need to answer a few work-based questions which will be anonymously marked by members of our team. Our selection is based on performance in these questions, rather than looking at your CV.
Candidates with the top scoring answers will be invited to a structured interview where you get to meet some of the team. At the interview stage you will be asked questions that reflect the role so you have the chance to demonstrate your skills.
- Role closes: Monday 25th October 2021 at SGT 23:59
- Interviews: Week commencing 8th November 2021
You will need to have the right to work in Singapore in order to be able to undertake this role. We will ask all applicants short-listed for an interview to provide evidence of their right to work during the recruitment process.
Some of the personal data you provide to Applied when you apply for a role with The Behavioural Insights Team will be passed on to The Behavioural Insights Team for the purposes of (a) reviewing your application; (b) inviting you for interview; and/or (c) offering you a job and getting you set up as an employee/contractor. For full details on how BIT collects and uses your personal data please visit our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If your application is not successful, any personal data provided to us by Applied (including any personal data relating to equal opportunities monitoring as set out above) will be retained by The Behavioural Insights Team for no longer than 6 months after the application deadline has passed (other than in exceptional circumstances where we may need to retain your personal data for longer), at which point your personal data will be securely deleted. We only keep your information for that period in order to allow us to comply with relevant regulations.