We’re looking for people passionate about applying behavioural insights and evidence to improve the lives of citizens. People with 5+ years experience in government, academia or consultancy are likely to be good candidates.
The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) is a social purpose company. We are jointly owned by the UK Government; Nesta (the innovation charity); and our employees. Our Singapore office was launched in September 2016.
BIT is a trusted advisor to government agencies in Singapore and other countries in Asia. We work with public servants; spend time understanding the context in which people make decisions; source our ideas from research in behavioural science; and run randomised controlled trials to determine the effectiveness of those ideas. We work across a range of policy areas including: Public Health, Finance, Energy, Crime, Tax Policy, Employment and International Development.
BIT selects staff on the basis of cultural fit. All our staff believe passionately in our company values: always prioritising social impact; empiricism and humility; fresh thinking, collaboration; and public service. As our team in Singapore grows, we’re now looking for an Senior Advisor to join us.
We provide a supportive environment, offering flexible working arrangements and other policies to ensure the wellbeing of everyone on the team.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, psychology or relevant discipline.
- Strong background in behavioural science, demonstrated by experience running behavioural science projects, conducting relevant research or excellent subject knowledge.
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills.
- Experience managing both people and projects.
- Applications can only be considered from Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents of Singapore
- Postgraduate qualification in economics, psychology or relevant discipline.
- Experience in designing and implementing rigorous evaluations, using Randomised Controlled Trials.
- Advanced quantitative skills using statistical software such as R or Stata.
- Experience responding to competitive tenders.
About the Role
As an Senior Advisor, you will:
- Lead the design and delivery of Behavioural Insight projects.
- Develop relationships and secure new work for the team.
- Represent BIT as an expert in behavioural science and/or research methods.
- Oversee staff preparing policy papers, trial protocols and literature reviews.
- Lead high level client meetings, typically with governments.
- Attend policy school and training in our UK and Australia offices.
How to apply
The online application process will require a 1-2 page CV and will involve free text questions. Should you be successful in the initial qualification, you will be invited for an interview.
Closing date: 4th March 2019
If you have any questions, please contact Kiran Kaur.
The Behavioural Insights Team is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.