We are looking for an Operations Manager who can manage all things behind the scenes for our small and dynamic business. This role is integral to what we do and involves many facets; the successful candidate will need to bring skills in a range of areas such as project management, HR, office management, and executive support. This is an all-rounder role at a mid-senior level.
The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) is a social purpose company that combines two approaches to improve people’s lives and communities. First, we use behavioural science (behavioural economics, social psychology) to design new policy ideas with our partners. Second, we run policy experiments, often using randomised controlled trials (RCTs), to determine the effectiveness of those ideas.
All our staff believe passionately in our company values: always prioritising social impact, empiricism and humility, fresh thinking and collaboration, and public service. We provide a supportive environment, offering flexible working arrangements and other policies to ensure the well-being of everyone on the team.
We work across the Asia Pacific from our two regional offices in Singapore and Australia.
The ideal candidate for this role would have several years of experience as an Operations, Project, or Office manager in a medium-sized business.
Employment Benefits we offer to all staff
- Exposure and opportunity to work with international offices with focus on social impact
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Monthly mobile phone allowance
- 23 days annual leave
- Enhanced paid parental leave
- Annual training allowance
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor weekly & monthly utilisation data
- Oversee resource planning & project costs
- Review/manage contract terms and contract end dates
- Oversee the production of monthly client reports
- Manage recruitment, onboarding, induction, and probation processes for staff in Singapore India, and Indonesia
- Manage performance review
- Manage employee well-being, culture, and staff engagement
- Manage employee benefits including providers
- Support the executive team as required, including managing the agenda, minutes & actions of fortnightly Senior Management Team meetings
- Act as point of contact for international visitors to the Singapore office
- Organise team meetings, including agenda setting, supporting the development of content and following up actions
- Manage the tenancy as required, including reviewing potential new offices from time to time
- Manage relationship with the landlord
- Manage supplier relationships – telecoms/electricity/internet etc
- IT focal point
- Work health and safety focal point
- Manage all equipment and supplies
- Communication and stakeholder management: manage up, across and down within the organisation as well as provide the ultimate level of customer service to our clients
- Problem-solving: use your tenacity to find the root cause of problems and recommend solutions
- Analytical skills: review data and performance and make recommendations to senior management
- Project Management: identify what support or changes might be required within projects
- Attention to detail: quality of outputs is extremely important to us
- Time management: Balance competing demands and meet deadlines,
- Self management: work autonomously when required, but also lead the team when required
- Leadership: lead with empathy and support the team in a caring way
- Fresh thinking and initiative: Possess a positive mindset with a can-do attitude to learn new systems, take on new tasks, and problem-solve.
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role