Addressing most issues in society, from daily challenges to complex problems, requires an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in relation to themselves and others. Behavioural science has revolutionised how we approach these problems by challenging traditional models of behaviour and providing a more realistic understanding of what drives our decisions. Governments, businesses and charities across the world are now using insights and methods from behavioural science to transform the way they work.
Behavioural Science in Practice is an immersive three-day executive programme run by Warwick Business School and the Behavioural Insights Team, introducing key principles from behavioural science and how to apply them to real world problems.
Behavioural Science in Practice takes the latest evidence from the academic literature, and shows how these insights can be applied in the real world.
- Uncover the drivers of human behaviour and decision making by exploring key findings from behavioural science and cognitive and social psychology
- Understand how, when and why human behaviour deviates from traditional economic models
- Learn how to use insights and methods from behavioural science literature to develop solutions to live issues
- Learn how and when to run large scale randomised controlled trials to test behavioural science solutions in real world settings
- Get feedback and guidance from world-leading experts on the problems and solutions you are working on
It’s a nice balance of some deep science around how we think and how we make decisions, but also learning some practical skills that you can use to really implement that, in both a work and personal environment.”
Who is it for?
Behavioural Science in Practice is for anyone who wants to learn and apply behavioural science to their work. There will be a particular emphasis on those who want to ‘nudge for good’. Those likely to benefit most from the course include:
- Civil servants involved in the formulation of local and national policies
- Consultants who want to achieve social impact and help their clients improve efficiency
- Managers responsible for addressing challenges in their organisation
- Designers and developers creating new products and ventures.